Damaging your hair is pretty easy to do, but protecting it from damage takes some serious effort. Hair can become damaged from everyday styling, so it is important to take preventative measures before your hair becomes damaged.
1. Get Your Collagen –– Hair is made of collagen (protein), so it makes sense that adding collagen to your diet will help your hair. Collagen supplements can help hair grow to its optimal length and thickness. Collagen gives your hair its structure and healthy bounce due to it being responsible for the strength and elasticity of your hair. Collagen is 10 times more elastic than the springs in your bed, so you can imagine what this means for your hair. As you age, your body’s natural collagen levels decrease which may cause your hair to start thinning and shedding. Collagen may help strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss due to collagen deficiency. Studies have shown that collagen can help to treat dry, brittle hair by helping maintain the moisture levels of the hair. If you’re lacking collagen in your diet, it may be helpful to add a collagen supplement such as HAIRFINITY Damage Defense Collagen Booster.
2. Get Your Amino Acids – Proteins are made up of amino acids that give the hair its strength. You’re your hair lacks amino acids, it is more susceptible to breakage. So, adding hair strengthening amino acids like HAIRFINITY Volume Builder Amino Acid Booster to your diet will help your hair withstand everyday styling without becoming damaged.
- Arginine is one of the most important amino acids for hair growth. It produces nitric oxide, a compound which helps improve blood circulation and the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles. This can help improve the very first stages of hair growth. Dietary sources of Arginine include coconut, sunflower seeds, and fish.
- Lysine help reduce the enzyme shown be a prominent factor in male and female pattern baldness. It can also improve iron absorption to prevent iron deficiency which has been linked to hair loss and excessive hair shedding.
- Cystine is an amino acid that has been shown to stimulate hair regrowth and fight hair loss while providing strength to the hair shaft. Up to 14% of your hair is made up of this amino acid. Dietary sources of Cystine include chicken, broccoli and milk.
3. Use Anti-Breakage Hair Care – Hair that is weak is more susceptible to breakage. Increasing the strength of your hair will help protect it from damage. Its obvious that collagen and amino acids can help your hair grow stronger from the inside, but it is also important to strengthen your hair rom the outside using products formulated to guard against breakage. Using a treatment such as the HAIRFINITY Strengthening Amino Masque can help your hair grow longer by infusing it with amino acids and preventing breakage from happening.
HAIRFINITY Advanced Hair Care products are proven reduce breakage by up to 95% in the first use when tested on chemically processed hair heat treated to 450 degrees.